Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Before he lets me go.

Journal entry no. 07
We arrived at the hospital around noon and my dad was the first to go in. When he came out, it was my turn. 
It's tough when you see someone you love near death and for a while my dad wasn't going to let me see her. His mother, my grandmother. I told him everything was going to be ok, there was no way my grandmother could die and that it was important to let me go. I could handle this. Life is about letting go. Adversity makes you stronger. All these things I learned from watching 'The Lifetime Network' and 'Oprah' with my grandmother, who was also my baby-sitter and best friend. 
I remember that time before he let me go. His long hug. That brief moment before I crossed the line and left my childhood behind. Had I have known that my innocence counted for nothing, my grandma would still pass away, the 'Lifetime channel' is actually run by male-bashing lesbians and 'Oprah' would eventually end, I'd of stayed in his arms a little bit longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment